Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I never want to grow up

        This is for Hemlatha and everyone out there who can't fight their age

  I'm so jealous of all the babies, toddlers, and young kids out there. Yes, all of you who are under 7 and still watching cartoons thinking Powerpuff Girls or Superman is going to safe the world. I mean just look at them! When they are facing any problems at all, all they do is cry. CRY. That's all and all their problems are solved. Fall down, cry. Things missing, cry. No sweets, cry. And they get what they want after that. Can I do the same? NO. Yes, I can cry. But after an hour or more of tears wasted, I'm still stuck with the same problem. Nobody saves me. Let's sue Disney, fairy tales are all fake. Sometimes I just wished somebody solved all my problems, met all my challenges, went through all the horrors for me. I just don't want to grow up okay?

  As you celebrate more birthdays, gain more wrinkles and crowfeet, become taller and in my case wider, your responsibility piles up too. It becomes so heavy you just want to run away and leave everything behind. Unfortunately, no matter how much you run, everything still catches up with you. I told my mom how tough it was becoming an adult, and she told me this was all part of life. I realise how much I never really matured. I still wanted mummy. I still wanted candy. I simply felt lost. How the hell do they get married at 18? I still watch cartoon. Being an adult is different. You start to think more. You start to lose your ignorance and lose bliss at the same time. You simply change into something called "adult". I remember vividly how I made conclusions adults don't know and understand how it's like to be a child or teenager when I was in primary. Looking back, I wonder if I would ever understand a kid or teen in another few years.

  I changed my life plan.

  I want to fail. I want to cry. I want to be criticized. And then I want to wear the biggest smile on my face, and face anything in life. I want to get up from my fall with my own strenght, not wanting any prince charming to save me. I want disappointment, criticism and pain to make me stronger, braver and wiser.

  My heart still hurts from my driving. Help me mend my broken heart.

  GROW UP KID! Fairy tales are fake.

3 comments:

  1. i guess that's true!!! i never really think of it before....hahaha!!! i love watching cartoons even now..when am i going to grow uh?!!! hahaha!! well it's sooner or later!!! thank you so...so..so..so MUCH..my lovely friend~

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all have a child in ourselves~ even adults, but the difference is that...when we become mature, we TEND to lock up the inner child, that makes us "dull, boring...." We always have to face challenges, whether physically, mentally or emotionally....we become stronger, but we must remember to keep our hearts pure and that the inner child is always free instead of locked up in the drawer in your mind
    I believe i'm speaking MARS language~ sorry~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the introduction of Mars language Wei Seen. It's true we must always be young at heart. After reading your comment, it made me think of how we lose our sense of control as an adult. We don't forgive or forget, instead holding grudges against one another. Its time we learn from children.

    ReplyDelete