Friday, May 6, 2011

Anugerah Cemerlang 2011

 It's the first time I attended such a function! It was..normal. I wore my Baju Kurung and silver shoes. Yup, the same thing I wore for my JPA. I'm so glad I bought a Baju Kurung. I actually love wearing it. Its super comfy!

  I went with my parents and got the number 36. I went and sat at my place. A plastic chair. I didn't get the booklet they were passing out as my mom took it. So I just sat there with my darling 'Fallen'. Teacher Maulud came over and asked me if I got any scholarships. I shrugged and told him the results were not out yet. Then he asked what I was getting the cert for and I said I didn't know before laughing. He looked at me once and just walked away. I was immediately consumed by embarrassment. How can you get an award not knowing why you were getting it for? I turned to the back and grabbed a girls booklet and streamed the pages to find my name-WRONGLY PRINTED. It was suppose to be Yuan but they smartly put Yuah. And I was getting it for pelajar cemerlang SPM 2010.

  Sitting there with darling(it's a book) I got somehow bored with irritation. So I flew to the back seat and chatted with Li Wen. That's the first time I actually talked to her. She is really nice. A Malay teacher came hushing us, threatening to push us to the back if we didn't zip our lips. Trust me, she was kindly ignored. I mean, you are out of school and still have to get scolded and threatened by teachers. After a few speeches and performances I carefully ignored averting all my attention to the chick next to me, we were all told to line up. I lined up and got ready to receive my prize. I casually talked to an Indian boy in front of me. He asked me if I have ever went to the gym. >.< I said yes of course. He stills does gym. I kept asking him if he was trying to get a hot chick to notice him or something. He said no. Obviously lying. Like I didn't know why boys even waste time to get all those scary muscles like Popeye the Sailor Man.

  So I went on stage, shook hands with some people I don't remember except my principal. Got down, waved goodbye to a few classmates who was leaving and sat down chatting with Gaa Mun and a few others. And then there was food! The tea, mee hoon, curry puff and purple kuih was delicious.

  The horror? In my certificate, my name is still Shu Yuah. Together with the cert comes a Domino's card (I wish it was Haagen-Dazs), two pens, a keychain with the school logo and a small clock. I was disappointed. WHERE IS THE MONEY?

  The best student was Joel Goh from my class with 8A+ and 1A. He is studying at KDU (A-levels) with scholarship. Another good fellow was God-loving Ginsky Chan. I plan to name my future dogs Joel and Ginsky. I want them to be smart, that's why. They proved that you didn't need to be in the first class to score excellence. (We were all classmates from 5B)

  Knowing that no student got 9A+ made me happy. I know its evil, but I was really knocked-in-the-ribs when I didn't get 9A+. A teacher complained saying that the girls were not dressed well, adding that the skirts worn were too short.

  So, that's for all with a message from Cheng Yi who is panicked-stricken for JPA.

2 comments:

  1. wow!! u got ur anugerah cemerlang today?? cool!! too bad they're not giving away $$. i'm not that agigated la. u shouldn't, i mean we shouldn't be! regarding on the medic thingy, put that on hold. that's just my general assunption n it might be different than i thought. did u read about the 5 year freeze on medical courses in local higher institutions??

    ReplyDelete
  2. the comment above is from cheng and this is from me!! (Hem) Name ur future dogs ur friends name because u want them to be smart??!!! hahaha!!!! No money??!! sad!!! hahaha!!!! well at least there is a anugerah cemerlang for u!! i don't even received an anugerah!! i guess cheng will!!!

    ReplyDelete