Monday, May 9, 2011

Choice

  In the morning a volcano erupted in my house. Mom and dad with me in the middle were lost. Simply lost. I love Biology with Physics as my ultimate enemy. Dad wants me to do engineering, mom supports my decision on Bio stuff. I feel lost. Simply lost.

  Unable to make a perfect decision, I hastily put on my uniform and literally flew to school-without bathing. I went there for form 6. Sounds like a taboo, right? I recycled my white blouse from last year's uniform and a black skirt I bought when I was 14 for a school club. I held a life cockroach in my hand freshly plucked from my so-long-didn't-wear black shoes I bought when I was form 4 for prefect.

  For a week, the form 6 will be having orientation. It pretty much involves being bullied by the upper six. For a start, we were given a briefing by Pn.Normala and the Asst. Principal. Something about how you can fail in form 6 even thought you are a straight A student in form 5. A perfect way to start the day yeah?

  Then, there was this ice-breaking session where I kinda screwed up. We were given odd and even numbers. The odd numbers students had to remember the even number students name and vice verse. After everyone got to know one another, they decided to choose a few lucky ones. As predicted, I was the unlucky one. He asked me a name of the boy from my school. I couldn't answer. My mind was blank. Simply blank like a A4 white paper. He was the boy who studied in my next door class (5A), he was the boy I talked to in the driving school, he was the boy who was really tall with specs that stood out in the crowd. And I didn't know his name. He looked at me. I blinked at him. And I spilled the truth. I don't know his name. He guy holding the mic laughed and asked how I could not know the boy from the same school. I clenched my teeth, not because I was angry, because I was truly embarrassed.

  The day passed with us doing the chicken dance twice and forming groups. We had to prepare a book to get the teachers and seniors(upper 6) signatures. Many are choosing to do the Bio stream instead of Physics. Seeing that, don't you think it would be easier to get a job if you had something to do with Physics like engineering?

  Its tough to make a decision when you love doing something but the other thing you dislike is what that holds opportunities for you. I understand you have to really love something if you want to succeed in it. I wonder how you study something you love and end up frustrated when you can't find the job demand.

   Choices are hard to make. Especially when you are trying really hard not to screw up your life. I'm not doing form 6 by the way. I got upu for engineering. So if my mind decides to face reality, I'll walk towards that direction.

1 comment:

  1. AISH!! this girl!!! ok, it's up to you if you want to go for upu for engineering!! make sure you know wat u r doing ok?!! god bless you my deary bestie!!! haha!!! cant remember ur own schoolmate?!! this is soooo embarrassing!! CHICKEN DANCE????!! Cool, i wonder how you danced?!! hahah!!!!

    ReplyDelete