Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The best split is banana split

  The start of the week has made me realise I was far off behind the world. It also made me want to change the flaws I had and make up for mistakes and lost time. It was a romantic yet lonely night that made me ponder on splitting up with people. With absolutely no experience in love, the only relationships that has broken my heart is friendship.

  Having change schools for so many times it seems illegal, I have left so many people behind. Time after time. At the last year of school, everybody finally split up. Hemlatha's doing Sunway, Cheng Yi matriculation in Pahang, Shi Yee in between of Nottingham and awaiting reply from JPA, Hui Jun to America, Sheena in Sunway, Yi Ting for nursing and the others in form 6.

  Looking back, nothing is forever.

  I still remember the time I promised my primary 6 friend how both of us were going to go strong forever after graduation. It never happened. She forgot me, I moved on with life casually. Everyone will get busy, meet new friends, bury the old ones, and just move on.

  Splitting up is really hard. You feel you know that person inside out, and suddenly that person doesn't know you anymore. There will be times where you get insomnia at night and abruptly think of the people in the past and wonder how they are getting on with their lives. You will think of the good times, the bad times, and the moment where both of you didn't want to meet each other for no reason other than because its awkward to dig up old memories.

  I have split up with several friends and at the end of the day, I forget the bad times, the times I got hurt and hurt others in return, and keep the good memories deep in the core of my heart. Till today, the best split I have tasted is banana split.

1 comment:

  1. yup, i agree with u!! the best split is BANANA SPLIT!!! Well we can still keep in touch rite??!! don't tell me u r going to forget me also!!! :( u will always be my friend even how far u go!!! i will never foget u and cheng!!!! Even some memories go away, the witness for those memories are our friendship! I LOVE U and ALWAYS WILL !!!

    ReplyDelete